Let's Reflect, shall we?

 Ok as many of you know, I enjoy media such as podcasts and tv-shows and the most recent one I have been binging is Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I have seen it many times but it is just fun to rewatch the series at times. I found a scene from a recent episode I watched particularly interesting:



https://youtu.be/A2KISBzRj-I


“...the decision is political and social media is part of politics now,” says Sergeant Terry Jeffords when speaking about Captain Holt’s run for Commissioner in Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2020). Social media is part of politics, indeed, but it is part of so much more. It is part of an engrained nature of pedagogy to the point that classes, including this brilliant one, are dedicated to understanding this culture of social media. Not only does social media have an impact on students, but, it has an impact on everything around us as so many of our challenges have proven. We can learn from it and in ignoring it we perform a disservice to ourselves. As we prepare for this respite, which thank you, I am looking forward to continuing to reflect on, while also taking a break from social media and the associated social media culture. 


Brooklyn Nine-Nine. (2020, February 13). Holt Gets Twitter | Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KISBzRj-I 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel and Social Media

Digital Community!

Amanda and Her Blog