Moving!


    This week is moving week! I am so excited to be moving out of my current apartment into my new one this weekend. It has been a lot of preparation but boy is it needed, and I am anticipating this next apartment to be my last one in Tallahassee. Moving is such an interesting time because it allows us to determine what to keep and what to let go of. It reminds me of Marie Kondo’s famous, If it doesn’t bring you joy, let it go. But what about technology? Is technology harder to part ways with for you? I know for me it certainly is. I have grown up with a lot of the technical tools and equipment, like my Wii, and though I barely touch it anymore, I simply refuse to throw it away. There are memories attached to it just as their are memories attached to a painting. Technology holds emotion just as an artifact does for me and I wonder if that is shared among my peers.     

    Not only have I been reflecting on what technology to pack and how to donate what I am not packing, I also have been using tech a lot when deciphering what to pack. TikTok has been a very helpful tool in determining boxes to buy, where the deals are, how to pack random oddly shaped items, and so much more. I remember using technology when I made my last move too. Moving is an emotional and exciting time and technology feeds into that just as much as the rental receipt of the Uhaul may. But here we go, onto the next!


Comments

  1. I hope you had a great moving week, Ravi! This is so exciting and I love how you were able to make connections to technology and the move. Technology is present in multiple was that we engage on a daily basis. Even thinking about a process like moving. Shout out to TikTok being a major platform in our experiences and how we engage. I have learned so much from TikTok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel and Social Media

Digital Community!

Amanda and Her Blog